Dedicated and (IAC ) Accredited Vascular Lab, located in Orlando and Clermont offices. Seeking a Full-time experienced and professional Registered Vascular Technologists (RVT's) to work at our downtown Orlando location. There is no call, weekends or holidays. Applicants must have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a vascular setting and capable of performing quality Carotid, Arterial, Venous, Aortoiliac Duplex, bypass grafts and dialysis access studies at a minimum and experience performing, Renal and Mesenteric studies is a plus. Must possess basic computer skills and be comfortable with Microsoft Word. Knowledge of GE logic R8 Ultrasound Systems and VascuBase PACS is also a plus. FT employees are eligible to receive our full benefits package.
Aids physicians in diagnosis of vascular disorders by conducting vascular ultrasound examinations for evidence of peripheral vascular and carotid artery disease; maintaining equipment; recording test results, and complete a clinical findings report.
* Confirms patient identification; review consultation requests; checks for special instructions; consults with physicians.
* Comforts patients and their families by answering questions; responding to requests; explaining equipment and testing procedures.
* Schedule patients for follow-up ultrasounds, office visits etc. as it pertains to their specific post-operative plan of care.
* Prepares patients for examination by helping patient in assuming physical position for examination; applying gels to the part of body being examined.
* Prepares equipment for procedure by selecting transducer; adjusting equipment controls according to area to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test protocols.
* Maintains record of test by keying test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment.
* Monitors quality of ultrasonic pattern produced by moving transducer, by hand, over specified area of body; observing sound waves on display screen.
* Produces ultrasonic recordings of vascular system by producing images of vessels; recording diagnostic data to be transferred into PACS.
* Provides information by maintaining records of ultrasound examinations performed and findings.
* Maintains ultrasound equipment and supplies by cleaning and adjusting equipment; troubleshooting problems; reporting equipment malfunctions; assist with restocking supply storeroom.
* Maintains quality results by following standards and procedures; recommending improvements.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; complying with IAC standards and requirements.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances healthcare organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Vascular Specialists of Central Florida (VSCF), Inc. is a single specialty group of Vascular Specialists, solely dedicated to the treatment of the body’s arteries and veins. We strive to serve our patients as unique human beings, providing them with the highest quality care in vascular health. We specialize in vascular surgery, vascular medicine, endovascular surgery, and vascular imaging.