Endoscopy Technologist Specialist, PRN
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital
Assists all areas with the coordination of the daily patient surgical schedule with occasional guidance from the charge nurse,
physician, or staff nurse. Ensures instrumentation is sterile and ready to use. Cleans, disinfects and sterilize all flexible
bronchoscopes, video scopes and related Endoscopy instruments for all areas.
- Maintains work environment in a safe, clean, orderly manner.
- Performs, documents, and monitors all quality control tools.
- Receives and inventories departmental supplies, instrumentation and equipment.
- Prepares instrumentation and equipment according to recommended procedures and techniques in preparation for highlevel disinfection and sterilization to support all perioperative areas and clinics.
- Operates all departmental equipment safely and effectively.
- Scans instrumentation and assembles, according to prescribed procedures and techniques.
- Provides technical support and assists in selecting instruments and equipment for Endoscopy Procedures for all
- Perioperative areas.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital has 4 operating rooms in the main OR and 4 operating rooms at our Ambulatory Center. Staff have opportunities at both locations. We were the first facility in the state of Tennessee to have the innovative MAKO surgical solution for orthopedics.
The following types of procedures are conducted at our facilities:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital:
For more than 40 years, Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital (formerly Tennova Healthcare - Lebanon) has been a place of healing and connection for patients and families in Wilson County and the surrounding area. The two-campus facility is the sole provider of inpatient and outpatient medical services in Wilson County. Known for comprehensive services, recognized care, and a commitment to the community, VWCH became a part of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center family (VUMC) in August of 2019.
Recognition Awards for Quality
- Joint Commission certified in total Hip and Knee Replacement
- The Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- American College of Cardiology Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program :(MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center
- American College of Radiology Accreditations - Mammography and Ultrasound
- Accredited by American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Click here for more information: www.VanderbiltWilsonCountyHospital.com
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled