Location: Edina, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0017281
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
We are seeking a Hematology/Oncology Physician to join our community practice at our cancer centers in Burnsville and Edina, Minnesota. Located in the southern suburbs of the Twin Cities, you'll find vibrant cities and growing Cancer Centers just a short drive to the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
- Affiliated with the University of Minnesota, our community clinics provide exceptional, patient-centered care along with the ability to participate in leading-edge clinical trials.
- Develop a practice as a general hematologist and oncologist and maintain a special area of interest.
- We welcome physicians with special interests in the management of oncologic issues such as but not limited to: breast cancer, colon cancer, lung and esophageal cancer, leukemia and lymphoma, and prostate cancer.
- Inpatient rounding responsibilities at Fairview Ridges in Burnsville and Southdale Hospital in Edina, as proportionate to FTE.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Oncology/Hematology fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the ABMS or AOA.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.