Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.??
As a Patient Transporter, you will play a vital role in the safety of our patients by assisting nurses with moving/transporting patients throughout the facility with various equipment, including wheelchairs and stretchers. You will be joining our very energetic, engaged, and customer service focused Clinical Care Operations (CCO) team that we like to call family! Transporters are constantly on the move in this fast-paced environment. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required (must meet AHA curriculum guidelines).
Full time day/mid shifts available, working 36 hours per week (3-12 hour shifts), with rotating weekends. Holiday and weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We've earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
POSITION SUMMARY This position transports patients and distributes requested items as needed throughout the facility in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Transports patients safely and efficiently between various departments following appropriate transfer techniques and proper isolation/infection control procedures. Validates patients??? identity based on established department protocol. Remains alert to patient condition and promptly communicates changes to clinical staff.
2. Assists with patient handling and lifting using appropriate patient safety equipment and appropriate safety procedures.
3. Provides distribution services of requested items between various departments as needed in accordance with established procedures that may include medications.
4. Responds to all job calls in a timely manner. May utilize computer system to track and update requests. Communicates status updates and location information as required in accordance with department protocols to help facilitate work flow.
5. Collects, cleans and disinfects patient care equipment and all other reusable items.
6. May perform supply restocking or assume clerical duties of assigned area as necessary.
7. May be required to operate golf cart to provide distribution services.
8. May be required to transport deceased persons to the facility morgue.
9. Facility based position. Responsible for the timely delivery of services with a strong focus on customer service. Customers are staff, physicians, patients, family members and visitors.
BLS certification required.
Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate with others. Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to function with minimal direction in a fast paced environment. If required by facility, may be required to possess a valid driver???s license and be eligible for coverage under the company???s auto insurance policy.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Six months previous healthcare or customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.