Great options and great opportunities. At Banner we are tapestry of cultures, and experiences. A workforce that is honored to serve, and support the community. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Health.????
9NS is fast paced 24 private bed PCU/IMCU unit that takes care of a wide variety of adult and geriatric medical and surgical patients. Surgical highlights: We see an even spread of surgical patients from the Gynecology/Oncology service, Urology service, and ENT service. Some of these patients are requiring surgical interventions for cancer, specifically for gynecology/oncology patients and ENT patients. Others are pursuing elective surgeries, such as patients requiring hysterectomies. We do not give oral or IV chemotherapy on our unit. We specialize in complex Continuous Bladder Irrigation, the care of fresh tracheostomies and laryngectomies, and post-operative glucose control requiring insulin drips.
You will have ample opportunity to build a wide variety of skills on our unit, including but not limited to the management of insulin drips, heparin drips, and non-titratable cardiac drips, wound care, enteral care, ostomy care, tracheostomy care, the management of multiple types of drains, and foley management and education.
9NS provides many opportunities for education, process/quality improvement, and inter-professional collaboration in a challenging, fast-paced, and team oriented environment.
The schedule for this position will be ??3 - 12 hour, night shifts(7pm-7:30am) and weekend rotations are required. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
Come learn and grow with us here at Banner Health and apply today!
*12 month commitment required
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY: This incumbent provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contributes to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical records. The position also performs a variety of support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists with daily living activities and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and providing assistance with nutritional intake as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient???s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and according to state scope of practice. Procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, IV removal, EKGs and Health Unit Coordinator duties. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to clinical staff and patients for procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
6. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. Based on area of assignment may assist with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in room turnover.
8. Supports a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels, as well as patients, families, and physicians.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
Computer literacy and keyboarding skills are required. In California: advanced skills are excluded.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or BTMC Behavioral must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Recent healthcare experience preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.