One of 47 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers, and the only one in Tennessee that conducts research and cares for adults and children with cancer.
Member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), a non-profit alliance of 27 of the world's leading cancer centers who have come together to improve care for cancer patients everywhere.
Ranked #1 Cancer Center in Tennessee and 33rd in the nation, by U.S. News & World Report .
Nearly 300 researchers and physician-scientists in eight research programs.
A comprehensive team of more than 100 physicians with the depth and breadth of experience to design a treatment plan customized to every patient.
In addition to the Henry Joyce Clinic at The Vanderbilt Clinic, convenient community locations are located at One Hundred Oaks, Cool Springs, Franklin, Spring Hills, Springfield and Clarksville - with additional locations coming soon.
A wide spectrum of services support patients individual needs from diagnosis through survivorship, including education, prevention, screening, diagnosis, wellness services, hereditary cancer consultation, treatment, palliative care and survivorship.
Enhancing cancer care in the region through affiliate relationships with Baptist Memorial Health Care, Maury Regional Medical Center, NorthCrest Medical Center, and Williamson Medical Center.
Currently we are 7th in competitively awarded NCI grant funding with over $65 million; a total research base of over $155 million in research funding from public and private sources.
Privileged to serve more than 6,252 new cancer patients and deliver care for more than 151,000 outpatient visits each year.
At the forefront of promising new therapies, with access to over 150 clinical trials at any given time.
Nationwide leaders in cancer survivorship, with one of the only centers in the country with a comprehensive program for cancer survivors regardless of age, type of cancer or where they received their oncology treatment.
Developed www.mycancergenome.org , an award-winning online resource for genetically informed cancer information, which has received visitors from over 200 countries/territories.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates and supports individual patients and families throughout point of care program(s) to ensure program goals are effectively executed with some guidance. Assures coordination of diagnostic evaluations, treatments, surgeries and follow-up appointments throughout the course of care/episode for a specific patient population.
Partners with clinical care staff and providers to ensure all regulatory requirements are met to maintain patient care needs, program guidelines and/or required accreditation standards.
Acts as a point of access for patients, referring providers and the Vanderbilt community.
Develops both short and long term goals to ensure programs' success.
Provides support to patient care team to market programs and streamline business models to allow for appropriate growth.
Establishes contact with existing, newly diagnosed, potential, or referred patients by facilitating access to providers, educational materials and communication with care providers.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (NOVICE): - Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
NETWORKING (NOVICE): - Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (NOVICE): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Internal Number: 1910466
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.