Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist (OT) (Home Health, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide initial patient evaluation in accordance to physician request in order to initiate appropriate treatment, which is reasonable in the terms of accepted practice and necessary to recovery of function.
- Establish treatment goals and plan of care based on assessment and test results.
- Provide therapy treatment to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
- Provide education to patients and their families.
- Utilize software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
- Current Occupational Therapy (OT) licensure in the states of Washington and Oregon (Oregon within six months of hire)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years experience in adult Occupational Therapy services
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 147014